Ahtnamas asked in PetsBirds · 7 years ago

How do you tell the sex of rainbow lorikeets?

How can I tell the sex of a rainbow lorikeet, we recently got a bird, but I don't know which it is?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favourite answer

I think the best and less intrusive way is by feather DNA testing. you can find labs online. Contact them and they will walk you through what you need to do. It is very easy and quick and usually cost less then $20.00 per bird. And the best part.... No Vet needed!!!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Sexing Rainbow Lorikeets

• Teresa
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axvfm

Rianbow Lorries ,are very difficult to sex! The only visible difference of Male to Female,is the male tends to have a larger beak and is usualy larger than the female,but without experience they are impossible to sex visualy. The only ther way is by an Avian vet ,by D.N.A(droppings or feather).or surgically

• Goldy
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Rainbows can not be visually sexed . you must have a DNA test done by a Lab or Avian vet.

There is a site that you could visit, "sexing rainbow lorikeets" it will give you more information

Avian Care Consultant.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 years ago

The easiest way to tell the difference between a male and a female lorikeet is DNA Sexing.

The other way is through Surgical Sexing, but thats more expensive, and is done by a veterinarian.

If you really MUST know the gender, I suggest DNA Sexing.

If not, you can always watch your bird and see its behaviours. You may be able to tell whether or not its male or female just by observing it, but then again you may not know for sure that way either as they are dimorphic (they look the same).

Source(s): Online
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

You sick bastard

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.