Should I give up my loan horse?

Hi. I have a lovely horse on loan at the minute and I've had him for a year. He is lovely in every way but since we moved to a new yard he has got into the habit of misbehaving a bit. Also at this yard there is only a field to ride in. This was okay over the summer but won't be in the winter. It is... show more Hi.

I have a lovely horse on loan at the minute and I've had him for a year. He is lovely in every way but since we moved to a new yard he has got into the habit of misbehaving a bit. Also at this yard there is only a field to ride in. This was okay over the summer but won't be in the winter. It is getting to dark to ride after school so I am just paying to poo pick really. They are also getting another person to ride him during the day so I will only have him on weekends. Our last yard had a floodlit ménage so darkness was not a problem but it will be this winter. Also I think the owners of the horse do take the mick quite a bit and always make me go down to poo pick, and 2 barrows a day comes out of the field as they keep their other horse in there - so I am not jut picking up my horse's poo. I only have him on part loan but I go down every day.
I do love my loan horse very much, he is the first horse I have really clicked with, but now I am wondering whether it is time to call it quits.
I've spoken to horsey friends who have said I should move on but I'm not sure I can bring myself to.
Sorry for the ramble but I need help!
1 answer 1