Girlfriend wants space?

Me and my girlfriend are coming up on our sixth month anniversary, and things are great. We are both happy with each other. However, just like in all relationships we had an argument. She feels like we spend too much time together and that we need some some time apart. It brought up this argument that brought in... show more Me and my girlfriend are coming up on our sixth month anniversary, and things are great. We are both happy with each other. However, just like in all relationships we had an argument. She feels like we spend too much time together and that we need some some time apart. It brought up this argument that brought in other issues. I owned up to my mistakes and she owned up to hers, but she mad it seem like my mistakes were worse than hers. She felt at times I can come of as controlling, and sometimes when I'm mad about something I get silent and tell her nothing is wrong. The reason I tell her nothing is wrong is because either I don't want to upset her or I don't won't tell yell in her face. I can understand how giving someone the silent treatment can be annoying, but I feel like I'll upset her either way. Her issue is that she can be hypocritical about the things she says is wrong with me. For instance, when she was out with her friend I would ask her what she was up to, but she felt like I only wanted to ask what she was up to cause I think she might sneak off to a party. But I only really ask her what she is doing after she asks what am I doing. But for the most part I believe we resolved those issues.
There is something that is bothering a little, now that I got this new job it is possible that I may not see her a lot and that's ok. But I kinda feel like she tries a little bit to not see me, and she didn't seem to sad of the fact that I might not see her a lot even though she said she would be said. Half of me thinks its just me overreacting, and the other thinks I'm not.
One last thing, I'm the type of boyfriend that loves to take care of his girlfriend. So i feel like I spoil her at times, and I'm not sure if that's a really bad thing. Could it be possible that she thinks she has the upper hand, and is taking advantage of her power as being my girlfriend? I also I hear horror stories all the time about how some women cheat on their boyfriend or husband because they are bored and there is no more passion in the relationship. So would spoiling her a little bit less help prevent that? What are ways to keep a relationship more interesting?
1 answer 1