Tom S
Lv 7
Tom S asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

Don't you think the NFL should pay taxes?

They have "non-profit" status, but make huge profits.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favourite answer

Yes and so should religious and political groups that qualify for tax exempt status.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Adam D
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

The NFL makes huge profits? Um, ok, how much profit does the NFL make? And I mean the NFL as an organization, not the individual teams/owners... because I'm sure the owners of each team will pay income tax if they make a profit.

• chris1 year agoReport

You seem like maybe you’re on meth or you’re just an alone bored fat *** old man sitting at home wishing you had a life and friends.

• Oh for God sakes, if you don't know anything about businesses then don't post stupid @ss questions like this! Goodell and all the owners, coaches, and players pay taxes. The League is an entity that does not make any money hence why it is non-profit so it does not pay taxes.

• 7 years ago

I'm sure that the players, coaches and employees of the NFL pay dearly in taxes.. . I think the individual teams or the NFL should pay for their own stadiums though.. Instead of placing the burden on the taxpayers like they have in some areas.....

Source(s): RT....
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 years ago

No. 100% of business taxes just get passed on to consumers in the form of higher prices anyways.

Source(s): Basic accounting and macro economics
  • Sam
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

No, they employ many that do pay taxes not to mention all the money that chains down during home games to those cities.

• 7 years ago

The NFL has a huge social responsibility to make the people of the United States happier. When 9/11 happened - the NFL rallied us by letting the Patriots win. When Hurricane Katrina happened the NFL gave New Orleans a boost by letting the Saints win the Superbowl. When Hurricane Sandy happened, The Jets got to host a superbowl because nobody would believe they could win one... Therefore given the requirement to pay so many people under the table to make this happen they need tax exempt status

• 7 years ago

Yeah

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.