Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 7 years ago

I have had an on and off cough and Hoarseness for the last 2 weeks?

For the last two weeks I have had a cough that comes and goes. Generally later at night it gets worse but it is there a little during the day. Just tonight it has been the worst it has ever been. I wouldn't call it a really terrible cough but my throat is starting to hurt a bit from it. I also lose get a croaky voice (hoarse voice?) every few days or so. This was the worst about 2 days after this stared in which I could barely speak properly but since then it comes and goes.

I'm thinking you might have laryngitis, but only a Dr. would be able to properly diagnose you. For now, I would use a humidifier or get one if you don't already have one (I got the Vicks one from Walmart for only $15) and if you are low on cash, try filling a large bowl with hot water, put a towel over your head, and just breath in the steam. Drink plenty of water and hot teas and try to rest your throat. (I like to wrap a warm cloth around mine). As for your cough, if it's worse at night, I would prop your head up, because if you have any drainage, that would help it from draining down your throat or perhaps your sinuses. A humidifier will also help with the symptoms for this until you can get in to a Dr. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Me too. I you might have developed bronchitis or sinus infection.