Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How can you turn off parental controls on your kindle when you forgot the password?

I forgot my parental controls password on kindle. I can't can't view my archived items and can't reset to factory defaults. PLEASE HELP

The Kindle "Help" tells you to pull up Settings, go to Parental Controls, and type the wrong password 5 times. An orange "Forgot Your Parental Control Password" will appear. (You will probably have to scroll down a bit). It will prompt you to change your password. If you get confused, type in "forgot parental control password" in the Help section. That is how I found it, and was so relieved I didn't have to reset.

• torok

Kindle Reset

Is this a Kindle Fire HD or HD+ ?

Bad news - according to Amazon, if you forget your parental control password then you have to reset the Kindle to factory defaults (I believe that will all remove all content books, apps, etc)...

(however - see my OR suggestion at the bottom of this post)

Here is the Amazon help - scroll down to below the pictures about setting a parental password to the paragraph about if you forgot it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.htm...

It says:

If you forget your Parental Controls password:

If you forget your password, you'll need to reset your Kindle Fire HD to factory defaults. After resetting, you'll need to register your Kindle Fire HD again, and re-download your content from the Cloud.

To reset your Kindle Fire HD to factory defaults:

Swipe down from the top of the screen.

Tap More, and then tap Device.

Tap Reset to Factory Defaults.

---------

OR - it is possible that just de-registering your Kindle at Amazon may get rid of the password. Note - de-registering WILL delete all Amazon-purchased content BUT it may leave untouched other content like your own photos as well as any music or other content you have sideloaded via USB. So it may be worth trying this option first. You would de-register it at Manage Your Devices on Amazon

---

Sorry - both options are very destructive. Once you re-register the Kindle to the same account, then you can use Manage Your Kindle at Amazon to send your previously-Amazon-purchased apps, games and and ebooks back to the Kindle.

If you use Amazon.com , this is Manage Your Kindle

https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): turn parental controls kindle forgot password: https://biturl.im/QHlME

This doesn t work on my kindle. It requires parental control password to do a factory reset. So it s a circular problem.

I forgot my parental password and my kindle fire wont let me rest it or deregister without the password? Help

• ?

Factory Reset Kindle Fire

It depends..