Did Nelson Mandela really sing about killing white people?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Simon
    Lv 5
    6 years ago
    Favourite answer

I only watched the first clip. Send me a message if you want me to translate the others (if they are different).

Please ignore the sanctimonious liberal imbecile below who said, implicitly, that the translation was racist.

I speak isiZulu.

The translation is inferior, but correct. amaBhunu (not amaBhulu) means whites, specifically Afrikaner whites. It comes from the word the Afrikaners have for themselves - Boer, which means farmer.

Mkhonto we Sizwe (Mk) means The Spear of the Nation which was the military wing of the ANC.

The song means, in a non-literal translation, "Travel safely warriors. We have committed ourselves to killing the farmers/whites. etc" or, more accurately in the Zulu idiom "We have sworn to kill them. Now happy hunting guys".

Please trust me that this is the most accurate translation you will ever find. I speak isiZulu and I lived with (WITH, not "amongst") Zulus. There is absolutely no ambiguity WHATSOEVER in that song. it has one meaning, and one meaning only, in the isiZulu language idiom.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

I am glad he is dead

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Yes

• 6 years ago

this is a mistranslation some words can have more than one meaning. Alot of whiite south africans are either racist or not as fluent as they think they are. fight doesn't always mean kill

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tim D
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

What is so difficult to understand about revolution?

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Doubtful you are seeing a real translation. The guy who posted it is pretty racist. You can't really trust a lot of what you see on Youtube. The song is evidently about freedom. The subtitles were made up.

• 6 years ago

If it is not on CNN or MSNBC, it is probably true because they cannot refute it.

• 6 years ago

Yes, he was a black commie criminal, who hated every1 not like him.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.