Do you think adding lol takes the humour out of an answer when they are obviously trying to be funny?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes.

• I don't think it necessarily takes the humor out of it but it could definitely do without the lol if they were clearly trying to be funny. I say lol as a way of saying I was kidding or when I was joking in a facetious way, as do a lot of people I know.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Most of the time but sometimes its needed there to help make the question funnier

I only use lol when Im trying to take the tension outta a conversation im having with friends on kik.

• 6 years ago

I think people who verbalize "lol" in conversation instead of actually just laughing take the humor out of everything. Oddly enough they are also the same people who will say hashtag in a conversation.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

No, some people just like saying that. I see it as trying to have a friendly laugh with someone... unless you say it after saying something mean lol.

• 6 years ago

If you use it to point out that humour is in the question then either:

You are not confident that it is funny.

You know the asker is from the USA.

• No, I think they're trying to show that they're just joking, or to make they're tone sound lighter, since text can easily be misinterpreted when it comes to attitude.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

No

• 6 years ago

It does nothing for me :)

• New.G
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Lol, what?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.