Tips on Weaning a 14 month old, THANK YUO!?

I really want to start weaning my 14 month old. I figured I would start by cutting out all day time nursing. My question is when, if at all, should I offer bottles?

For example if he eats a good breakfast. Should I maybe do bottles as snacks?? Or??? Im not really sure how to go about it. Thanks in advance.

• Ribbon

No bottles. After a year old, your baby's not supposed to be using bottles anymore. It should be sippy cups, but ideally, a regular cup. If he's used to the breast, there's no reason to teach him how to use a bottle and there is absolutely no need to give any formula at all. Your baby's passed that. Any extra breast milk you have stored should be served in a cup or sippy cup and given to him as part of a meal, or as a snack. He should be eating mostly table food by now anyway.

I raised 3 children, breast fed each for 11-12 months. It was extremely easy for me to wean each because as my child sat at his or her high chair (to eat) and he or she saw what mommy and daddy were drinking out of....he or she wanted to do the same. So, I just gave them ALL their liquids from normal cups and glasses with no problems.

At 14 months I wouldnt introduce a bottle at all..I would do a cup.