Drivers who cut through a gas station or other business?

I live in Texas and recently got a ticket for cutting through a gas station but I'm not entirely sure if my reasoning for doing so makes a good defense.

I was at an interaction, with a bus and car in front of me. I had to make a right so I waited. But the light turned red green red but the bus didn't move. I didn’t want to change lanes because the other lane had traffic so I waited. Then the car in front of me goes to the left lane and leaves and then I notice that the bus had its emergency brakes on. So since I wasn’t sure when it would move, I drove through the gas station to get to the other interaction. And that's when the cop ticketed me.

I explained to her that the bus was there for a while and didn't move but she said I was supposed to wait before cutting through the gas station.

Any thoughts on this?

Please and thanks.

• Elson

You are responsible for the actions you take, you should have gone around the bus, not thru the gas station.

There is no grounds to fight your ticket.

• ?

Either you wait for the bus to move, or you get in the left lane to go around it. If you felt there was too much traffic to change lanes, you have to wait until there isn't. That's all there is to it.

You got the ticket for avoiding the traffic control device. It happens quite a bit in Florida. A light might turn red and drivers cut through a gas station or parking lot, sometimes carelessly.