PS4 corrupted data?

Hi I got a ps4 the other day and today got my first game but each time I put the disk in it takes a while to load then tells me the data is corrupted.

Does anyone else have this problem and know what to do? I have cleaned the disk so there is no dust but still says the same.

Please help

• Nick

Hmmm I have a ps4 and that should not happen at all ( since the ps4 will save anything on your system while its turning off) I day your hard drive is currupted. I would try this. Go to settings and go to initalize or something like that and go to full system restore (or something close yo that) and let the ps4 do its business. After that it will act like a brand new system and it just came out of the box.

Source(s): Had the same problem on my xbone

After everything else I tried, the only thing that seemed to fix the corrupt data message for good was

1. Start safe mode on the ps4 from powered off and everything is uninstalled

2. Rebuild database

3. Reinstall everything again

If not this

1. Perform newest system OS update after everything is uninstalled

2. Reinstall everything

If not this

1. After everything is uninstalled, clean disc reader by putting rubbing alcohol on disc, let it be a little moist

2. Insert disc into drive and let it spin, cleaning the disc reader

3. Cross your fingers and reinstall everything

If not this, crap I'm sorry

• Nope

Take the disc back and get it replaced. If it happens again, then either you're very unlucky or the ps4 has a bad drive. If it has a bad drive,you can also get that replaced since the warranty lasts a year