Girlfriend is unhappy?

OK so me and my girlfriend have been dating for a little over year, and recently she's been unhappy. The reason why is because she feels like I've been slacking, btw we are both in college. And by slacking I mean not doing so well in school, gaining a little weight, and she says I can be boring. She says... show more OK so me and my girlfriend have been dating for a little over year, and recently she's been unhappy. The reason why is because she feels like I've been slacking, btw we are both in college. And by slacking I mean not doing so well in school, gaining a little weight, and she says I can be boring. She says she kinda misses being single, but she says it's only because she's unhappy at the moment, when she was happy she never felt this way. Well I told her things are going to change and I'm going to get my act together. My question is, is it normal for her to still be unhappy even though I admitted I have been slacking and I am going to fix those things I'm doing wrong. So far it's been a week since we had the discussion but she's been felling like this for sometime now. So far I've been exercising more, however my body is already muscular I just gotta tone, and I'm being more social.

Another question, and this is for the ladies or any guy that's been in my situation but what are things a girl looks in a man, what are things girls like in a guy that makes them want to be with them or stay with them? Since we've been together for a year things have gotten a little dry, how do I bring back that spark. How do I make her proud to be with me, and how do I make things more exciting. I just want to step up and be the man she needs, and I want other ways I can improve on that.