Michael asked in SportsWrestling · 7 years ago

How to Fix TNA Impact Wrestling?

Just wanted to get some people's ideas on how you would fix TNA just for a bit of fun since we can't really do anything Heres 10 of my ideas

1: New Owner more money ( Dixie has taken it as far as she can)

2: change Location (Wrestling town

3: New Bookers New Writers

4: Have a DIRECTION

5: Get New talent from indies- ROH etc Also Make your own from scratch

6: Be a alternative from WWE not a identical company

7: Be TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION not total nonstop talking

8: Focus on Wrestling based Story lines (IG: Strong in ROH is in a feud with cedric about Respect and how strong has been in ROH for 10 years) No more Takeover stories

9: X division needs more focus make it the highlight of the shows

10: Just Wrestle

• Candle

- Dixie doesn't own TNA. Panda Energy does. Panda's choosing to allot a certain amount of money to their daughter to run the show. I personally don't think money's the main trifle with TNA right now. I've seen indies with less, including ECW, have more creative ideas, compelling storylines, and interesting talents than either Big Two, and they did so with a shoestring budget. If you mean they need more money in order to grow via advertising, getting more TV deals, etc., that's harder said than done in this day and age with wrestling.

2: change Location (Wrestling town)

-Florida's a hotbed and has been since the territory days. I don't think location (unless you're counting Orlando Studios) is the problem with TNA. They've tried touring and grossed very little. Their best bet financially would be to hit the UK. UK fans are wrestling starved and TNA always does well there.

3: New Bookers New Writers

- A backstage clean up would be a great thing for TNA. No arguments here, but they've alienated some of the best minds in the business over the past 12 years. Cornette, Mantel, Prichard (who did a great job with writing/continuity, but a horrible job with the financial end) Dusty (arguable, admittedly) and even Heyman have all been either sought out or used and TNA either alienated them over Russo, gave them too much to handle in the case of Prichard, or simply wouldn't meat up their lofty expectations. (Heyman wanted Dixie to hand over the creative and booking lock, stock, and barrel. He wanted power to hire and fire, along with control TV. TNA wouldn't meet these demands, naturally,so Heyman declined.)

4: Have a DIRECTION

- Again, agreed, but it's easier said than done I suppose. You can't always cherry pick who the next big thing is going to be. They tried with Magnus, and some would say it didn't take.

-That's been TNA's whole existence since day one. Aries, Joe, Eddie, Davey, King, they're all ROH defectors, as were AJ, Daniels, and a mixed bag of others. The ROH roster isn't really much to draw from right now, and what is there is getting hoarded by the WWE. Wrestle-1's an attempt for them to find another promotion to draw talent from globally, and I've heard and seen a few instances where both PWG and Chikara mainstays popped up here and again. I don't think there's really enough out there for them to totally rekindle their roster with, or even a division with. The indies are kind of drying up. And they are creating talent from scratch as well. Gunner, EC3 (kind), Spud, this Bram guy, Rob Terry in gimmick reboot number eleventeen. Talent isn't, and never has been the issue with TNA. They have it, they just need to use it.

- As much as I'd love to see that, it's not marketable. Those glory days of TNA that everyone pines over when X-Division was king were TNA's lowest drawing points. I do think in some ways TNA can be the alternative, and is the alternative, but right now in the main event it most definitely isn't.

- I think it's a major backlash of their taping schedule. It seems that twice a month we'll get a good show of wrestling, and two shows of angle driven nothingness. I think if they're to ever fix this problem they'd need either an extra hour to force them to tape one show a day, or do some creative editing before putting the shows on the air.

- If you like ROH, watch ROH. TNA doesn't often sell wrestling on it's sportsman merits. I do dig the Decade's young boy feud with Cedric, but again, it's not something that'll ever fly mainstream, at least not in that super indi smart mark context.

- Again, X-Division doesn't pay the bills or get the ratings. Like it or not, women and name value does. When the Hogans were in TNA, Brook's segments were the highest rated. Before that, Beautiful People and the Knockout's Division as a whole drew high consistently.

10: Just Wrestle

- Again, if you like ROH (or PWG), watch them. TNA doesn't sell wrestling.

I think TNA needs to change, but I don't think I'm capable of changing it. Like you and Dave, I could try to sculpt it into something I'd like, or think would get over with the Y!A people here, but that doesn't equal ratings or ad revenue. I'm not happy with TNA right now either, but as long as they're the highest rated show on Spike (they are) and that spot's secure for them (it is) nothing's going to change. So I say again, not bitterly, not smart allecky, but matter-of-factly, if you want wrestling or the brand of wrestling that ROH sells, your best bet is to watch ROH.

The only way to fix it is start a Michael Wrestling Federation. I can't pretend like WWE doesn't do worse because they do but I don't need to point out their flaws because everyone already knows them. It seems like your vision is a whole new promotion so start one. Come on dude TNA is not as bad as you are making it out to be. You need a promotion of your own or else you would never be satisfied. Also, how come WWE gets a free pass? I was told how to download an app during a live RAW.

I would get better bookers.

TNA has a pretty good roster.

All they need are better storylines.

I would add more people from the Indies aswell.

Make the roster bigger.

TNA needs to focus more on getting high flying talant that can also work in tag team matches.

That way, they could push both the X Division and Tag Division, but with the same talent.

Source(s): Been watching TNA since 2003.

- Ethan Carter III: TNA World Heavyweight Champion. Now, people will look at this and go. WHAT? HE'S GOT NO CREDIBILITY INSIDE THE RING. But, that's the point. With EC3 Undefeated Streak. Holding the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. This would give him a push, plus the time to show credibility inside the ring. Theory of course, at least his character is solid.

- Abyss & Samuel Shaw: Think about this. CLB found himself in an Asylum, Abyss is suppose to be from an Asylum. Abyss, who just got screwed by Magnus could look for somebody to understand him. Finding The Sinister Minister who brings Samuel Shaw into the mix. It'd make sense, long as they drop the stupid Christy Hemme storyline.

- Bully Ray = "Stone Cold" Steve Austin: Think about this. Whose the most over Professional Wrestler in Total Nonstop Action? It's not Eric Young; it's not Magnus, not even Bobby Roode or Austin Aries. It's Bully Ray, what does Bully Ray do best. Fight against Authority. With EC3 as World Heavyweight Championship. You've got gold in your pocket. IF TNA could book it correctly.

- DJ Z: X-Division Champion, Sanada/Tigre Uno are a bold face failure. Doesn't matter how much you promote Wrestling-1 in Japan or The Great Muta; not many people are going to care. But DJ Z, he's proven himself to be a top class heel and solid inside the ring; Money in your pocket. Just sign some actual X-Division stars.

- Willow: Treat this like an Alter Ego, have Hardy change his attire, move-set, ect.

- ODB: She should be and should've been Knockouts Champion, not something from 2007 that looks like the crypt keeper. Ditching Brittany, Madison Rayne and Velvet Sky would do wonders; keep Gail Kim you at least need a jobber.

- Mr. Anderson: Should be Television Champion, Why? This feud with James Storm would be better.

Technical Issues: More Outside Ring Space, Better Camera Work, Improve Editing, Work Impact! Around commercials, Less Segments more Professional Wrestling.

Source(s): I'm a video game critic, it's kinda; my job.

It needs a better production.

The production sucks.

you hit the nail on the head. also get better cameras and a better production crew.

Hire Jim Ross to do the booking, but they should of really hired Paul Heyman when they had the chance