Will I regret buying the cheap tires for my car?

It's a Honda Pilot. The Michelin tires it came with are $200 each, but I was thinking of replacing them with Falkens for $105 each. What is the disadvantage of the cheap ones?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ANDY
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favourite answer

Hello

It depends how you drive. I always buy cheap ones but I don't do more than the Speed Limit and mostly only do local trips. If you do a lot of high speed driving stick to the more expensive ones.

Andy C

• 7 years ago

Falken is name brand, so no harm done. They might have a lower speed rating, so hitting 110 on the highway may not be in your future with those. You also want to check the date on them. There is a 4 digit code on the sidewall that will tell you what week of what year they were manufactured on. I would go no older than three years old. So if the code ends with 11, I think you're okay.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Every brand of tire manufacturer makes good tires and bad tires. I've had Falkens on three different cars now. My wife's MDX has Falkens now, and they are a great tire. The Ziex ZE-512s I had on my mustang were okay, way worse than my old BFGs, which is why I went back to BFGs on it. And I had a set of Falkens on my wife's old Accord before the MDX, and they were good too. The OEM tires are always ridiculously overpriced.

• g
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Falken brand tires are absolute junk. Don't waste your cash, or you will be tire shopping again a year or so from now. If you cannot afford a new set of Michelins consider a good quality budget priced tire brand such as General, Goodrich, Hankook, Kumho or Yokohama.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Omg is the way to go. Manufacturers design suspensions for certain tire characteristics.

Cheap tires make for poor handel8ng

• 7 years ago

wont last as long

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.