Will I regret buying the cheap tires for my car?

It's a Honda Pilot. The Michelin tires it came with are $200 each, but I was thinking of replacing them with Falkens for $105 each. What is the disadvantage of the cheap ones?

• ANDY

Hello

It depends how you drive. I always buy cheap ones but I don't do more than the Speed Limit and mostly only do local trips. If you do a lot of high speed driving stick to the more expensive ones.

Andy C

Falken is name brand, so no harm done. They might have a lower speed rating, so hitting 110 on the highway may not be in your future with those. You also want to check the date on them. There is a 4 digit code on the sidewall that will tell you what week of what year they were manufactured on. I would go no older than three years old. So if the code ends with 11, I think you're okay.

• ?

Every brand of tire manufacturer makes good tires and bad tires. I've had Falkens on three different cars now. My wife's MDX has Falkens now, and they are a great tire. The Ziex ZE-512s I had on my mustang were okay, way worse than my old BFGs, which is why I went back to BFGs on it. And I had a set of Falkens on my wife's old Accord before the MDX, and they were good too. The OEM tires are always ridiculously overpriced.

• g

Falken brand tires are absolute junk. Don't waste your cash, or you will be tire shopping again a year or so from now. If you cannot afford a new set of Michelins consider a good quality budget priced tire brand such as General, Goodrich, Hankook, Kumho or Yokohama.

Omg is the way to go. Manufacturers design suspensions for certain tire characteristics.

Cheap tires make for poor handel8ng

wont last as long