kari t
Lv 6
kari t asked in HealthWomen's Health · 6 years ago

allergy? pads and tampons burn me?

So, ive tried them all.scent free, pure cotton, whatever. Pads and tampons arekilling me slowly. Any skin it touches is visibly inflamed within an hour. I cant use diva cup with my iud. Wtf do i do?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • kari t
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

A physician guessed at allergy as my skin there was visibly raw. My gyno was horrified. I have no scented soap, detergent, air fresheners, anything. I havent been able to wear scented pads since college snd i tried natural brand pads. I didnt want to try reusable pads, but i think i have to. Im not tryng diva cup again. Removal is like a wrestling match

• J.
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Actually you CAN use a cup with your IUD, you just have to be more careful taking it out.

Thousands of women with IUDs use cups every day! :)

Beyond that, just start using cloth menstrual pads. You can make your own or buy them pre-made from some large companies or from people on Etsy. They're made of cloth and you just wash them like other laundry. And you'll save tons of $ never buying normal pads again. And they're about 100x more comfortable than plastic pads anyway.

I'm linking to one site for them below but there's LOTS of different kinds out there so google "cloth menstrual pads" and have a look!

• 28AKO
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

Did the physician say you were allergic or u diagnosed yourself with this? Try buying off brand pads which aren't scented or have anything special about them. Also make sure you're not using scented, or perfume soap to bathe with. Try using dove unscented soap and then try pads

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

try my tongue

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.