2009 VW TDI problems.?

My girl bought the TDI from a dealer with 83,000 miles on it in January of 2014. Its been great accept for the intermittent times it won't start. The first was a couple of months back. She was driving uphill and the engine just shut off. We tried starting it a couple hours later and it started right up. The next time was today the 25th of August, 2014. She drove it to work and let it set all day. When she came back to it to drive home it would not start. The "Service Now' light has started comin

on about two months after we bought it. I have changed the oil and filter with the required VW full synthetic that VW suggest and reset the SERVICE NOW button but it keeps coming back on. We took it to the dealer to have them check it out and they could not find anything wrong with it. Stumped

Its a Jetta

Tell me something, did the girlfriend purchase the VW from a VW dealer? If not, then it is time to look through the phone book, or join tdiclub.com, and post this question on there. Can't diagnose on a white screen, my friend.