Night Weaning 20 month old? 10 points!?
So I've got my 20 month old down to nursing only twice in 24 hours. The two times he STILL wakes up through the night. He takes a bottle of formula great all day and EVEN TO GO TO SLEEP! But middle if the night he pushes it away and won't take it. Any tips to get him completely weaned?? Thanks
- AnnaLv 76 years ago
It could be that I wrote this post! About my daughter one month older and no formula but yeah.... I JUST FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET HER NOT TO WAKE IN THE NIGHT w some suggestions from YA.
1- start bedtime routine 30 min and dim the lights when you do
2. Turn on a sound Machine while dimming lights and keep that sound machine ALL night! If you don't have a sound machine burn waves or rain sounds it to a cd or download a sound machine app to your iphone or iPod.
3. Black out the windows!!!! I used tinfoil but it worked so well I bought black curtains TODAY.
4. Make sure baby is wearing socks and is dressed warm enough.
Now you help me how to get my girl to stop her bedtime nursing. Lol
- CarlieLv 76 years ago
(1) Stop giving it to him. He's not going to hold a gun to your head.
(2) Give him the bottle. If he won't take it, then oh well.
- SeryphLv 76 years ago
Why are you formula feeding at all? Why not just nurse?
- 6 years ago