Keep all five cats or a divorce ?

Your question doesn't offer any explanation of what is going on so it's impossible to know what you are asking. Are you being given an ultimatum that either your cats go or there will be a divorce? Nobody has the right to threaten divorce in order to make someone get rid of their pets, cat or dog.

Nothing wrong with having five, seven or even 20 cats. I think doe people are missing the point. Nobody should threaten anyone to get a divorce. That's just plain silly.

My wife and I had five cats before we were married, Problem is, she doesn't play or clean up after them much at all, she feeds them twice a day. Me Being responsible for play makes the cats constantly after my attention. When I've brought up reducing our cats count from 5 to 3, she eventually says she'd get a divorce before giving up any of "our" cats.

Why isn't it an option to keep all five cats AND a divorce?

• Frank

If they didn't know going in that you liked cats and wanted a lot (or had a lot already) then you didn't know each other well enough to be married in the first place.

• Bob

I love cats, but five in a household is a little excessive.

Wrong person to ask. Don't like cats (neither they, me) thus, I would have stayed away from you from day -1.

Peace.

The cats would be cheaper......

Source(s): 3 divorces