Should I end my friendship over this?

I am a 23 year old male and I met a friend named Brian in 2010 online and he's 20. We have so much in common and I can say this is my only online friendship I've had and we could be best friends if we knew each other in person, but we don't, and that's what's troubling me.

I've been thinking of coming to visit him for a couple of days by bus back in August and I wanted to come and see him in November. I've mentioned it to him, and he just keeps skipping around the subject, he hasn't said a word about it.

Now he is a busy guy, working in a computer shop and he has a girlfriend that he truly loves. He's been through a lot after moving out of his biological family's house and moving into his girlfriend's family's house.

I can understand him not accepting me to come down, but I don't expect him to take care of me either, especially since his girlfriend's family doesn't know me especially, not one bit.

I planned on buying a bus ticket to Atlanta and taking a taxi to stay at the hotel next to his workplace, and perhaps hang out with him and go back to the hotel, so it's no burden on his family.

I can understand that he's busy and that his new family doesn't know me, but it hurts that he won't mention a word of the trip.

It just comes across as if he doesn't want me there period. It just doesn't seem right being friends after almost 5 years and not being able to meet face to face, and I don't know what to do or tell him.

What do I do?

And yes, we have video chatted before and we are fully aware of what our personalities are like through video.

Just maybe ask him why he skips around the subject, he could feel uncomfortable at the thought of meeting you because like you said You've only been online friends, he may not feel completely alright with the idea because you have to be really cautious of people you meet online, it might help maybe if you guys video chatted so he could see you're real, because that can definitely be troubling to someone, if you have already video chatted, just talk to him about coming down and get his opinion on it, maybe then he'll see that you respect his thoughts, and be more open to the idea of you guys meeting in person. I hope this helps! best of luck!!

Yeah I agree that he is maybe uncomfortable or just hiding something from you