Canon AE-1 Film will not rewind?

After shooting some photos I noticed that my Canon-AE1 Film was passed its usual amount of exposures and was allowing me to take more photos than I usually could. When I finally decided that enough was enough and tried to remind my film, I felt no tension in the film rewind... So I opened the back, and the film... show more After shooting some photos I noticed that my Canon-AE1 Film was passed its usual amount of exposures and was allowing me to take more photos than I usually could. When I finally decided that enough was enough and tried to remind my film, I felt no tension in the film rewind...

So I opened the back, and the film was completely wound around the other side of the camera (the right side) where you manually advance the film before you start shooting photos.

I know now that whatever film was exposed to the light is ruined, but how can I salvage the rest? The original film canister (that you load in the left of the camera) is completely empty and removable.

(You can see the brown exposures wound snugly around the right side of the camera, and none has been re-wound back into the container)

WHAT DO I DO?