Defragmentation window says "scheduled defragmentation enabled" but also says "next scheduled defragmentation: never?
- Jim WLv 76 years agoFavourite answer
Set a regular time to defrag the unit like once a week at night when you are not working on the machine but it is still in a standby mode. This should be accessed in the defrag schedule.
- 6 years ago
Steve, you seem to know how to solve every physics question, could you please help me with this?
A 5g bullet with initial speed 400m/s is fired into and passes through a 1kg block shown in picture. The block, initially at rest on a frictionless, horizontal surface, is connected to a spring with force constant k=900 N/m. The block is 10 cm wide and moves d=5 cm to the right after impact before being brought to (temporary) rest by the spring. Find:
1) the expression for speed vf at which the bullet emerges from the block as a function of given parameters (vi, k, d,...). Plug the parameters in to get vf=100m/s
2) the amount of initial kinetic energy of the bullet that is converted into internal (heat, sound) energy in the bullet-block system during the collision
3) the impulse applied to the bullet while it passed through the block
4) the time of passage of the bullet through the block assuming it felt a constant opposing force as it passed through the block
5) with the same approximation, compute the average power expended by the bullet as it passed through the block
6) the average force the bullet experienced while passing through the block
- supastremphLv 66 years ago
Do you have a solid state hard drive (ssd)? If so, there is no need to defragment.