Standard quality ABS equipped brakes vs higher quality non ABS brakes?

I'm about to purchase my first motorcycle. I have about 3 months experience on a friends 250 after my MSF course. I'm looking into a more powerful bike. I checked out the ninja 650, CBR500, and Yamaha fz-07. The 650 and 500 have ABS as an option. The fz does not, but I'm told the brakes on the FZ... show more I'm about to purchase my first motorcycle. I have about 3 months experience on a friends 250 after my MSF course. I'm looking into a more powerful bike. I checked out the ninja 650, CBR500, and Yamaha fz-07. The 650 and 500 have ABS as an option. The fz does not, but I'm told the brakes on the FZ are much better than the other two.

Does it really make a big difference in safety, and would a better standard break setup on the FZ be a better option than an ABS equipped bike with lesser standard brakes?