Scholarship Issue?

I received an email about receiving a scholarship. After I signed and returned the form (because it had certain conditions; maintain a 3.5, etc), I got an email saying the amount I was told was incorrect and it would be half that. Are they able to take back it like that? Can I argue for maybe receiving what they originally promised?

I received an official email from my financial aid office saying I received X amount. It asked me to sign the form and return it, which I did. However, I received an email this morning which basically said "Opps we accidentally wrote the wrong amount, lel."

I didn't break any conditions on the reward. Simply that they had given me a wrong amount. Are they still able to just. Take it back?

Slow down Buttercup. What email from whom? Sounds like it could be a scam. If you received information from your university or another reputable organization you should clarify.

The short answer to your question is, yes. If the initial amount offered was contingent on conditions and the result of your response to those conditions changed the award, they can change the offer. If you have questions or concerns, call the organization and talk to a live human being.