Do Black Lives Really Matter?

"Black lives matter!" Well, this statement backfires on itself, it sounds like its trying to convince me of something that may or may not be true. Here me out.. This wrongfully phrased chant makes its own meaning questionable by using cliche phrases that are used in our culture by advertisers to... show more "Black lives matter!"

Well, this statement backfires on itself, it sounds like its trying to convince me of something that may or may not be true. Here me out..

This wrongfully phrased chant makes its own meaning questionable by using cliche phrases that are used in our culture by advertisers to promote ideas about less important things in society. For instance, "size matters", or "this or that matters etc"Your not supposed to use it to promote an entire race of people!

This slogan irritates me! I feel that Black people actually taint the point they're trying to make.

When using a slogan where the word "matter" is used, it sounds too cliche, and undermines the underline message. You use cliches words to convince someone hungry to eat their new BIG burrito from Tacobell.

Those using this chant, dont lower yourselves like you're trying to advertise a bag of chips, stop "convincing". Instead try to at least have your fight with an already existing assumption that black lives DO matter, and DO prosper, and have already passed that first stepping stone to fair treatment. Dont go backwards in time.. these chants would have worked in the 60's...