Anonymous

Why is AF-WM the most common interracial couple for Caucasian men?

Next to white women, Asian women seem to be the most popular pairing for Caucasian men in the US. This is despite the black population being 3x larger than the Asian population, and the Hispanic/latino population being 4x larger. (Stats based on the 2010 US census.)

Why do you think this is?

Note: AF-WM being the most popular interracial pairing for white men is anecdotal. Feel free to challenge this observation if you think it is inaccurate.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Werbie
    Lv 7
    5 years ago
    Favourite answer

There's a lot of factors in this question which might contribute to the commonness of AW/WM couples, I will refrain from making opinions, but rather base my answer on studies.

Studies suggest that White men prefer the oriental faces of Asian women, which might contribute to more AW/WM pairings.

Studies have also suggested that Asian women are the most preferred race of woman in the US and that White men are the most preferred race of men in the US. They could probably pair up more because of having the same status in education, attractiveness and finance.

Studies have also suggested that East Asian population is generally more intelligent than the Caucasian population, but that men are more intelligent than women (minus the biases). Thus east Asian women are generally smarter than black and white women and white men are generally smarter than white women, leading to a similar intellect between Asian women and White men.

There might be other reasons.

• saugis
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Most Common Interracial Couples

• Vince
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

I think it depends on where a person lives. In areas with a large historical Hispanic culture such as the Southwest there's a long history of Anglo males marrying Hispanic females. In many cases its so common that it's not only acceptable, It's not even considered interracial. Intercultural maybe but not interracial. This is because Hispanics can be of any race including White. This is why I used the term "Anglo" rather than Caucasian since many Hispanics are technically Caucasian themselves. They're just not "Anglo" as in Anglo-Saxon.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

It's actually Latina women that white men marry and date more often. Americans consider Latin people white like George Zimmerman so it's not counted on the interracial charts but more white people date and marry Latinos than any other race.

And the Asian thing has been found to be from Asian women's like of white men. Black women generally place white men as their last choice for interracial dating, so obviously if one race likes white men and the other seems to dislike white men, more white men will be dating the group that likes them.

But it's Latinas who white men date most. Just as white women actually date Latinos more than black men too, but it's only slightly more.

Btw, I'm not just saying this. You can find evidence of this online but in the u.s Latino people are considered white, which is odd because you can see a physical difference.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

I live in Northern Texas and the most common pairing is White male and Latina female followed by Latino male & white women.By Latino I'm talking about Mexican Americans

• 5 years ago

They're enamoured with the stereotype. The primary one being that Asian women are submissive.

Add:

The most popular interethnic pairing in the US is white-Hispanic but since Hispanic isn't a race, that data is not counted for IR marriages. It's safe to assume most of them are IR since most Hispanics are not white.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Because white men think Asian women are less materialistic and submissive than white women. They are also attracted to Asian women's small statute and frame. Asian women marry white men because they see them as the top of society and white men are. Most black women aren't attracted to white men because of the long racial and oppressive history white men have done to blacks in America. Culture stealers, rape, slavery, Jim Crow, racism is why black women aren't attracted to white men. Caucasian latino women and white men are common couples, especially in the west and southwest.

• 5 years ago

It seems that many East Asians suffer from white supremacy, perhaps more so than other races. That being said, it seems that about all races have succumbed to the brainwashing mythology of white supremacy to varying degrees.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Your stats are for very limited areas in the US only.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.