M asked in HealthWomen's Health · 5 years ago

Pelvic pain help!!?

For three months now I've had pelvic pain. At first it would come and go, now it's non-stop. It feels like heavy pressure mixed with menstrual cramping with stabbing pains that come and go. Intercourse has become EXCRUCIATING and I bleed a little after every time I have sex. On occasion, accompanying the pelvic pain I have back pain and pressure on my bladder. I am 19 and in shape. I have had testing for stds, pregnancy, and other infections ALL negative. I've had an ultrasound (both inner and outer) all that was found was a small cyst on my right ovary. They said it looks normal. Let me add the sharp stabbing pain is on my left side. A few days after being told I had a normal cyst, I had intercourse. I had the worse pain in my life. (Worse than being hit by a car) extreme stabbing pain I started crying during sex. I was going to go to the ER but the pain had subsided after ten minutes. I called my Gynecologist... she told me my cyst had most likely ruptured.. and pain should go away after a few days. Welp its been two weeks. Even though im not have the pain that had me thinking I was dying, it still it horrid pain that's affecting my life. Thanks for reading, please comment on advice, if you had similar symptoms and have been diagn

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 5 years ago

Most women will experience a cyst on the ovaries at least once, and most are painless, cause no symptoms, and are discovered during a routine pelvic exam. Symptoms of an ovarian cyst include nausea, vomiting, bloating, painful bowel movements, and pain during sex. In rare cases, an ovarian cyst can cause serious problems, so it’s best to have it checked by your doctor.

Often times, ovarian cysts do not cause any symptoms. However, symptoms can appear as the cyst grows. Symptoms may include:

abdominal bloating or swelling

painful bowel movements

pelvic pain before or during the menstrual cycle

painful intercourse

pain in the lower back or thighs

breast tenderness

nausea and vomiting

Severe symptoms of an ovarian cyst that require immediate medical attention include:

severe or sharp pelvic pain

fever

faintness or dizziness

rapid breathing

These symptoms can indicate a ruptured cyst or an ovarian torsion. Both complications can have serious consequences if not treated early.

Ruptured cysts, which are also rare, can cause intense pain and internal bleeding. This complication increases your risk of an infection and can be life-threatening if left untreated.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.