is kiss cartoon illegal?

I want to know why, because watching tv shows for free doesn't seem all that legal

The unauthorized uploading of (unchanged) media owned or copyrighted by others is illegal, whether it's for profit or not and no matter whether they state that they don't own the media. However, Kiss Cartoon's policy states that all videos on their site are not actually uploaded to their site and are simply linked to their site from other sources by it's users. I don't know if this still makes Kiss Cartoon completely immune to copyright strikes but it might explain why they haven't been taken down yet, because if anyone were to try to sue them they would just say that their users are the ones posting copyrighted material or that so-and-so site posted it and we just link it together.

But you don't need to worry about being arrested for watching it. If anything, the site and it's uploaders would be in trouble. EDIT: Hopefully this helps and if you have more questions I'd be willing to answer them if I can.

• Ben4 years agoReport

thanks buddy :) cleared my head there :P

Kiss Cartoon

Just because it's free, doesn't mean it's illegal.

Kisscartoon use ads and paying members to pay for their content.

Just like with TV, some streaming sites are free w/ ads, paid content w/o ads or both.

• Preston4 years agoReport

no, it isnt a streaming site. Users post this copyrighted material, not the actual site

Those sites are usually in the grey area (as long as they are not charging and stating that the shows they have belong to them, they aren't breaking the law). However, wouldn't Youtube be illegal too? I watch a lot of old shows on Youtube.

If it were, why is it still up?

• .

No