When you make a return to Wal-Mart, are they required to give a receipt back?

I returned a t-shirt, and the lady ignored me when I asked for a receipt, and said they don't give them out, and simply just handed the cash back with what I paid and said there's no receipt.

Aren't they required to give a receipt for all returns?

What purpose would that serve? They took the item back and paid you cash, so everyone is even-steven. I have no idea what good it would do for you to have a receipt showing they gave you money back. If there is some reason I'm not aware of, I'd appreciate it if you could elaborate.

• ?

Unfortunately Walmart is well within their rights not to provide you with a receipt if you returned the product however, if you exchanged 💱 a product or even exchanging a faulty item with another one exactly the same but new then they're obliged to provide a receipt

No, they don't.

• ?

nope

• Willie

be happy you got the money back.

• Judy

no