What is the best way to fill out an "acts of third party/subrogation" form so I can get everything covered ?

My wife was knocked down at a wedding and broke her elbow.

We do now know who did this.

Do I mention she had wine with dinner and only dinner ?

I m very nervous because this form could cost me or save me about 5000 dollars. (Right now they have only covered the main parts of the surgery and medicine)

• lucy

If, this is your health insurance company, then they should pay for any medical bills/surgery due to her broken elbow.

But when you go to a hospital to be treated, then they code the bill that alerts insurance that the injury was due to an accident. So, if I had to guess than they "hope" that they can go after the place where the wedding reception was held, to see if they could "recover" (subrogation) what they paid for your wife's treatment. If they find no one liable for her fall, then they will just close out the subrogation and handle as usual.

Either way, tell the truth.

They are trying to figure out who they can charge for the treatment. I wouldn't worry about your wife and the alcohol, people are injured often as a result of alcohol and its always covered. They are looking to see if they can go after the venue, rental companies who may have been working there, the DJ, etc.

You fill it out honestly and truthfully. Seriously, only lying would be bad in this instance.

You tell them the truth.

- if she had wine, you tell them when and how much she had.

Who is the subrogation with? health insurance? insurance of the facility the wedding was at?

I can't see how this is anything but on your health insurance. Your wife was accidentally knocked down at a wedding. You don't know who did this, so it should be on your own health insurance.

• Zarnev

If anyone else at the dinner saw her drinking wine you need to mention the wine. If you don't mention it and someone else tells them she was drinking wine you could have major problems with the claim.

It is not unusual to drink wine at dinner; unless she was actually drunk mentioning the wine will have no consequence.

• ANDY

Do not mention the wine, Tell them she had Sprtizer, And that this is for an interim payment as you expect further medical expences like Physio