Hi I want to take my kitchen floor but my pic door is to low is there any way to raise the door 5 mm?

• Tony

I would be looking into the possibility of trimming 5 mm off of the bottom of the door. Not sure if your PVC door is extruded PVC. If it is, is the bottom of the door solid enough to allow some trimming?

What of the door itself? Is it an exterior door? Would trimming it mean allowing air leaks into the house? Bugs to make nests in the door? Weather to creep into the door and warp it?

The alternative may be to purchase a custom door. I made a custom door for my bathroom in the basement. Low ceiling and slightly unconventional door width, I could have purchased a door that would fit the width and then trim it short, but that would mean opening the bottom of the door to moisture from the bathroom. So I opted to build my own custom door.

• ?

take it off the hinges and trim the bottom with a saw

?? 'take my kitchen floor'?? Take it where? and what is a pic door?