Car Maintenance Question?

I just serviced my car and I noticed something I didn't expect:

Before servicing the car, I was able to drive at 80 kph at roughly 1950 RPM. However, now I need to be at around 2100 RPM for the same constant speed. It is to be noted that I check these at roughly the same engine temperature and the car weight (not much difference in gasoline level or vehicle payload). The service just included changing engine oil and filter etc. just typical preventative servicing.

I thought that the new oil will provide better engine condition and therefore allow to run more efficiently? I thought this was interesting and would like to see if anyone can suggest a logical explanation

• JetDoc

it has NOTHING to do with your engine oil. When you had the car serviced, did they rotate the tires? Does your car have different size tires between front and rear?

• B

Sounds like the transmission is not going into overdrive

You have inadvertently turned the OD (overdrive) off. Turn it back on and the RPMs will drop back.