Beverly asked in PetsDogs · 3 years ago

My 6 month old puppy howls when I leave the room, how to stop this.?

I take my puppy to work with me. If I leave the shop to step outside lets say to sweep or help a customer with something to the car I can hear him howling inside. If I take him in the car and have stopped at a friends house to drop off something, I walk to the house door, he can see me but still howls. How can I stop this.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Use a shock collar.

• 3 years ago

Correct it immediately when in the act. A simple NO should be sufficient and/or any other terminology you choose.

Or seek professional help for yourself help on how to train a dog properly.

Dogs aren't suppose to be left in vehicles, it actually against the law in many areas, leave the dog home, problem solved.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/GLLNTKNIGHT...

• 3 years ago

Unfortunately, you do not seem to ever have TAUGHT him to BE alone (how to be self-comforted) and be OKAY = with being alone.

You do not indicate you ever did crate training or ever LEFT the dog at home (with toys etc.) RATHER than "toting him" to work.

As it WARMS up, you may NOT be ABLE to continue the "tied to your apron-strings" arrangement you currently have, w/o putting his HEALTH and safety at RISK in a HOT vehicle.

• Beverly
      Lv 6
      3 years agoReport

I don't take any animal in a vehicle when the outside temp is above 60 degrees. I feel taking my dog to work is a better situation them leaving him home for 9 hours.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.