Why do White people hate political correctness so much?

I looked up the meaning of political correctness it means to avoid offending someone regardless of their race, sex, religion, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, height or weight. So I wanted to know why do White people think they should discriminate others for who they are why should we as minorities tolerate discrimination. Why do White people feel it's their right to abuse and ridicule other people for their background and we should just tolerate that. Why is it not okay for me to say something back if someone is being politically incorrect towards me. I've been hearing a lot of White people say that political correctness has gone too far. Can somebody give me an example of what political correctness really means for White people to they think it's gone too far. Can somebody give me examples of what political correctness is which White people hate. I don't really know what political correctness truly means. I'm a Pakistani Muslim by the way just kind of curious of what political correctness means for White people. Can somebody please tell me why White people have a problem with political correctness?

It isn't about white people.....it is about people that actually believe in American values...like free speech. The idea that such politically motivated social engineering of speech through public shame based censorship is destructive to the ability of normal Americans to freely share ideas.

If you think the use of certain terms exposes someone as a bad person, then you should welcome them to openly use those terms so you know who they really are.

The constant push to control people and what comes out of their mouths is just left wing fascism.

When one has to work to keep up with the latest trends in speech to avoid "offenses" then we aren't focusing on the content of what we say anymore.

Just recently we've gone from Black....to African American, because black was then offensive....back to black being an acceptable substitute....to person of color because African American and black are both offensive....

But African American never accounted for Arab or White folk from Africa that moved to America or black people living outside the USA, or black people who moved to the US from places other than Africa.

Person of color includes everyone who isn't white....so you don't actually know if you are talking about a black person, or Hispanic person etc.

And for what? Why is "black" offensive? Who decided to get offended by that? What have we accomplished by constantly redefining a race descriptor?

Almost any word can become offensive depending upon context and intent.

Political correctness was intended to censor speech, but you can't censor "intent."

Many Americans believe they have the God given right to offend anyone they please especially if making that person feel inferior and unwanted will encourage them to leave this country.

• ?

I am from the United States. We don't call Pakistan Muslims anything except Pakastani.

I know people who call people ragheads and camel jockeys who have been in the army.

I grew up hearing that sticks and stones would break your bones but names could never hurt me.

Well, I was called Amazon , as I was tall. I was called Cracker for being sort of white and honkey. I didn't retaliate and decide all blacks were the n word. I had great black friends growing up.

I find myself thinking we make too much of a huge deal about what is PC. As one example, my husband called himself queer. Now straight people cannot use this term. Blacks call each other the N word. So I don't really understand why it is such huge deal. Fat people have been called whales, blubber, Shammu, Baby Huey, Lardo, Blimp. I don't know that this matters. We all have work thought our own sense of ego and identity. It seems like a bunch of babies making a fuss over nothing and it also seems like different rules apply as I have pointed out.

Gay people can call each other fag even if it is a reference to the ******* used to burn homosexuals and witches, etc as punishment. So why are words so important. I loved Huckleberry Finn. Now Mark Twain 's books are not acceptable because of the language that was common for that time. Why do we cover it up ? I knew a black man who played slide blues with a pocket knife and was known as N... John Caldwell. I never addressed him by this name but that was what he was called. So I guess you are asking white people. I also do not think we should tear down statues of Confederate soldiers because they may have been traitors to the United States but that is a part of history that should not be forgotten. We have to own up to what we have been. It seems petty. Here is a recent example. If any Republican had made a comment that Obama 's mouth was only good to have Reggie Love's penis stuck in it. The left and the media would have had a huge fit and demanded that person be fired. You know this is true. So why the double standard. It was tacky and tasteless but okay because he is a heterosexual from the left making fun of Trump being gay.

Most folks don't want to offend people based on superficial qualities such as race or gender. But political correctness has a bad habit of taking over words, phrases, and actions that are not inherently offensive in the first place.

U must not be pretty white, sorry God wasn't good to whatever birthed you

• ?

Sounds like a rant.

Nothing happens when people are offended

• Because people who hate political correctness are idiots

Americans are varied in their opinions. Personally, I don't need to be rude to others to make me feel good. I am happy already.

I'm not even white and I loathe political correctness.