Ari asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 4 years ago

If my mom is Native American, and my dad is half, What percent roughly am I?

"0", Native American is not a tribe, it is a politically correct term used to define the indigenous people of the US.

If your father is, say half Cherokee and your mother is Blackfoot then you would be 1/4 Cherokee and 1/2 Blackfoot.

Source(s): Genealogical researcher 50+ years; Anthropologists and retired Instructor

A good amount congrats that's cool. I wouldn't say native American if your talking just about the race cuz then white people will start commenting you have to register. American indian is the better name.

• Maxi

If your mum is NA then she holds a CDIB card as she was registered at birth with her tribe, same as your dad, his NA parent would have registered him at birth as a tribal citizen, and of course you would also have a CDIB card registered at birth with one tribe. So you either all hold a CDIB card in which case you are 100% NA or you don't in which case you have a family story and that is all. NO ONE is a bit, piece, fraction or percentage of anything we are each 100% whole person, so if you hold a CDIB card you are 100% NA and also 100% an American national as well

75%

75%