What is keeping me from activating windows XP, as well downloading updates after a clean install of WXPSP2.?

I have done this exact procedure, over the years, a number of times without issue, using the same hardware and the same distribution disk.

The computer is a Sony Vaio with 512 MB memory and a 1G processor.

I have synchronized the clock with the web.

I get error 32777 when I attempt to activate.

Win XP is no longer supported. You can not activate it any longer. It hasn t been supported for years, and is dangerous to use. Win XP SP2 is REALLY ancient, old and insecure.

I searched the web for "error 32777" and got more information than can be listed here. Most workarounds simply use the telephone method of activation thru Microsoft.

• Dave

XP was end of lifed years ago. it's no longer a valid OS.

• Cei

Quire possibly because XP has been retired and Microsoft no longer support it. This will mean their activation servers will no longer recognise it.

well its 13 years old you melon