Is there a better option than a Prius C?

I need a new (used) car. The Prius C appeals to me because I hear they last forever with very little maintenance and a regular Prius is out of my price range unless I get one at least 5 years old with 75k+ miles on it. However, a lot of reviews knock the C. I've driven my gfs many times I don't see why it's so bad, compared to my dying 2000 Saturn it is amazing. I was wondering if there are any cars equal or greater to the Prius C, if it is really as bad as reviews say it is. thanks

I am not familiar with any Prius C complaints except comfort and space. If it suits you (be sure to try a longer ride if possible, and pay attention to how your back and shoulders feel when you get out) then it should be great for you. In 40 years of cars, we have never had anything nearly as reliable as the various Prius cars we have had since 2002.

The battery is guaranteed for 7 years only (10 in California) and then it will need to be replaced at your cost of around $4000. Even if you do not keep it long enough for the battery to fail the next possible owner will pay a lot less for the car because of that.

Still fancy one?