Virus named 1.0.0.1? Please. please help !!?

I have never heard of this Virus before but my PC is infected with it. Please tell me a bit about it and, more importantly, please tell me how to get arid of it ? My PC behave strangely when I am in You Tube, interfering with the videos I search. When I went to the Control Panel I found this "1.0.0.1" monster !!

It appears in the control panel's "Uninstall Programs" and it will not uninstall... Thank you so much in advance of your help.

What you are dealing with is Adware. Designed to increase traffic to malicious websites. Should be avoided and taken care of immediately. Removing it can be quite annoying, but these steps should help you through:

1. Check your browser for any add-ons or extensions you do not recognize and remove them.

2. Check your installed programs and see if there isn't anything suspicious that was installed lately (If there is, simply remove them).

3. Install any popular antivirus and do a quick scan (Majority of the providers do have free versions of their software). Or just use Windows Defender. It works really well in most cases.

4. Install and scan your PC with Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro to clean most adware.

After this, in most cases, the issues of malware should be solved. If it doesn't work or you can't uninstall some programs, sometimes Windows has a hard time removing the malware in normal mode, if that is the case, restart Windows in "Safe mode with networking". And try the following steps again.

As for my advice, the best way to remove adware is not to contract it. Be very careful with the links that you are browsing and the files you are downloading. That should prevent a majority of commonly spread issues. Good luck!

It`s not a virus but ad-ware.

Read the safe link below, remove it in the ways suggested, then reset ALL of your installed browsers or it may come back;

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-1-0-0-1-adwar...

Regards, Bob UK.