I am just wondering , what is the benefits of collecting coins in games such as super Mario Bros or Hercules game in ps1 🤔?

While I don't know exactly which "Hercules" you're talking about... I'm going to ASSUME it's Disney's Hercules as it's the only one for PS1 that has coins noted in it (after some quick research).

In Disney's Hercules, collection coins will provide you with end-stage bonus points... although I'm uncertain if you get extra lives or something through points (again, this was very quick research as I'm unfamiliar with the game).

In the Super Mario Bros. series, collecting points have done various things.

* Earn points (typically 200 pts / coin)

* Store Health (in Mario 64/DS, Sunshine & Galaxy series)

* Earn a secret star in Mario 64/DS (w/ 100 coins collected)

* Earn 1-up's -- Traditionally 100 Coins = 1-up

>>> Some titles (Mario 64/DS, Sunshine, ect.) may award a 1-up in multiples of 50 Coins.

>>> Arcade (VS) version of Super Mario Bros. 1 could be set to 100, 150, 200 or 250 per 1-up

Collecting coins are COMPLETELY OPTIONAL, but is typically beneficial to collect them. Hope this helps!

I can't speak for Hercules, but in Super Mario Bros. the benefits of collecting coins are:

- each coin gives you more points

- 100 coins gives you a 1-UP

They are optional, so if you don't care to collect lives or points, they can be completely skipped.