Camry Cooling Fans Problem?

I want to know whether or not my 2000 Toyota Camry has a problem with the engine bay cooling fans.

When I turn the key to the "ON" both the fans in the engine bay turn on full speed. From what I know, the fan should only turn on when the engine gets to a certain temperature.

I'm afraid that since my fans are always on they might overheat and stop working.

Is there a problem with my fans? If there is, what can it be?

Thanks!

The fan relay could be stuck on. Lucky not stuck off

Did you say both fans are on? Do you have the A/C in the "ON" position? One is supposed to kick on when engine temp is at normal operating temp, but the other comes on when the A/C is turned on. Both are supposed to turn on when the A/C is on.

The fan relay could be stuck on. Lucky not stuck off. If you have the ac turned on, the fans will run from that. Turn off the ac and see if the fans behavior changes. If th erelay is stuck, replace it.

• XTX

talk to the service writer at the Toyota dealership == that is free -- just talking .. the 2000 goes back aways and they all act different .... period ....

Probably the fan control relay is stuck in the on position. Replace the relay if you can verify that.

F