Would this 45 day journey across north america work for a tourist from UK? Have taken a trip from Sicily to London by boat bus and train?

Day 1: Initially I plan to fly from London connect in Atlanta, and arrive in Fort Myers / SWFL (RSW) Day 2: Ride the Ferry Boat to Key west, see Coral Reef, Hear Conch Trumpet Sounding at Southermost Point, see drag queen, ferry back to fort myers. Day 3: Ride bus to Naples, FL See Mansions, watch for exotic... show more Day 1: Initially I plan to fly from London connect in Atlanta, and arrive in Fort Myers / SWFL (RSW)

Day 2: Ride the Ferry Boat to Key west, see Coral Reef, Hear Conch Trumpet Sounding at Southermost Point, see drag queen, ferry back to fort myers.

Day 3: Ride bus to Naples, FL
See Mansions, watch for exotic cars.

Day 4: Ride greyhound bus to St Petersburg, FL (across Sunshine Skyway) See Salvador Dali Museum, look for some sort of Gulf Coast Jazz Music and dance to watch.

Day 5: Tour Tampa FL, visit busch gardens, see cuban architecture in ybor, watch salsa dancing

Day 6: Ride train to Orlando, explore international drive area.

Day 7: Visit Disney World, See Mickey Mouse.

Day 8: Train to Jacksonville, Bus to Tallahassee, see Southern Belle + Plantation.

Day 9: Bus to New Orleans

Day 10: Tour New Orleans, ride steamboat, see live jazz, watch swing dancing,

Day 11: Train to Memphis

Day 12: Tour Memphis, see Rock and roll history.

Day 13: Train to Chicago

Day 15: Tour chicago, hear the blues, see sears tower + museums.

Day 16: Train to Minneapolis.

Day 17: Tour Minneapolis, see a broadway show on hennepin, see modern dance performance, see mall of america + WATERFALLS.

Day 18: Bus to Bemidji/ northern forests. Tour that area, see lumberjack, try real maple syrup + frybread+ see tepee and real indians

Day 19: Bus to Grand forks, quick stop there, see Buffalo, get on train.

Day 20: Empire builder train across to Glacier National Park
Update: Day 21: tour glacier park, see grizzly bear Day 22: Train to Seattle, Day 23: Tour seattle, see space needle + poet in coffee shop Ferry to Victoria Day 24: Tour victoria, see butchart gardens Day 25: Ferry to Vancouver, tour vancouver, see totem pole Day 26: Board Alaskan Cruise Day 27: Sea Day Day 28:... show more Day 21: tour glacier park, see grizzly bear

Day 22: Train to Seattle,

Day 23: Tour seattle, see space needle + poet in coffee shop
Ferry to Victoria

Day 24: Tour victoria, see butchart gardens

Day 25: Ferry to Vancouver, tour vancouver, see totem pole

Day 26: Board Alaskan Cruise

Day 27: Sea Day

Day 28: Ketchikan

Day 29: Juneau

Day 30: Skagway (christmas village like town)

Day 31: Glacier Bay National Park, see icebergs

Day 32: College Fjord AK

Day 33: Anchorage AK,
Update 2: Day 34: Tour anchorage, ride dog sled,

Day 35: Train to Denali

Day 36: Tour Denali

Day 37: Train to Fairbanks

Day 38: Tour Fairbanks, see North Pole AK post office where santa letters go.

Day 39: Van shuttle to Prudhoe Bay

Day 40: Tour Prudhoe bay , see oilfield

Day 41: Flight to Barrow
Update 3: Day 42: Tour Barrow , see real eskimos and cute cuddly polar bears, could any guide there do a polar bear call like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjEeU6uidrk to lure polar bears to us.

Day 43: Fly back to Anchorage

Day 44: Flight Back to London

Day 45; Possible day needed for connection
Update 4: Would November be a good time for the trip? Like early november to Christmas. Christmas time in alaska must be amazing with the northern lights. Is this a fairly good itinerary? Will i get to see anything, do I need a guide to do do a polar bear call like in the link, or can I get like a polar bear whistle or... show more Would November be a good time for the trip? Like early november to Christmas. Christmas time in alaska must be amazing with the northern lights. Is this a fairly good itinerary? Will i get to see anything, do I need a guide to do do a polar bear call like in the link, or can I get like a polar bear whistle or something like that? How do I lure a grizzly bear to guarantee a sighting?
7 answers 7