Pubic hair itching problem?

This is a bit personal, but I live in a poor foreign country without easy access to a doctor, so this is my only source for now... I've had an itch outside my vagina for a few weeks now, just a small area where the hair grows. It wasn't anything intolerable, just an occasional annoyance. In the last week... show more This is a bit personal, but I live in a poor foreign country without easy access to a doctor, so this is my only source for now...

I've had an itch outside my vagina for a few weeks now, just a small area where the hair grows. It wasn't anything intolerable, just an occasional annoyance.

In the last week the itch has spread to the front of my pubic region (again, just the hair, not the vagina itself). It is worse at night. I've checked constantly all week for signs of nits, lice or eggs and haven't found any signs (though I keep clean and haven't had sexual contact for over three months).

The area isn't red or inflammed. No spots or discoloration.

I used tiger balm last night to calm the itching at night which helped, but when I touch the area that seems to be when it's the worst. Touch flames it up to scratching where I can't stop.

I'm hoping it is just an allergy (I bought a new blanket a 1 1/2 months ago?) but I'm more worried it's a dormant std (the internet has scared me a bit)

Any and all honest advice will be greatly appreciated. Getting to a doctor out here is no easy feat. Thanks for your help.
1 answer 1