Why do people hate weed and its users?

I'm a twenty-year-old male and I have using cannabis chronically since early this year but I know what it feels like to hate cannabis, and I soon realised I was ignorant all along. I first tried it properly when I was sixteen and because I was inexperienced and was accompanied by a negative person, I suffered... show more I'm a twenty-year-old male and I have using cannabis chronically since early this year but I know what it feels like to hate cannabis, and I soon realised I was ignorant all along. I first tried it properly when I was sixteen and because I was inexperienced and was accompanied by a negative person, I suffered one of those bad highs and freaked myself out. And because of this, I avoided cannabis for three years until I started to contemplate smoking again and did so after I turned twenty and enjoy it very much. But unfortunately, people have judged me for this and I've been called every name under the sun as long as it fits the stereotype of a "stoner".

The thing that gets me the most is how cannabis users are immature, purely the reason for smoking cannabis. Can someone with a negative view on this drug explain how it is immature? I mostly smoke by myself nowadays (it used to be with my girlfriend but as she was allergic to bees, she got fatally stung a few months ago, and since I live in a small village, I rarely smoke with friends as they're distant). Anyway, I just smoke and either go out for a walk, or watch some interesting documentaries and I've seen people who are anti-weed get wasted from alcohol at parties and pass out. So how is cannabis immature while alcohol and cigarettes are fine? (I am teetotal and don't smoke). It may be immature for me to complain but it's only natural to when you're amongst these silly stereotypes that people make and assume about you?