I'm a 19 year old girl who has been dealing with folliculitis (ingrown hairs) on my legs for about 2 months now and I need some advice.?

I've seen my dermatologist for it twice and was even put on an antibiotic for it (can't remember the name of the medicine), but it definitely helped make the breakouts occur less frequently but it did not make it go away, and now that I'm out of the antibiotic its starting to happen more often. My... show more I've seen my dermatologist for it twice and was even put on an antibiotic for it (can't remember the name of the medicine), but it definitely helped make the breakouts occur less frequently but it did not make it go away, and now that I'm out of the antibiotic its starting to happen more often. My dermatologist basically kind of gave me the options of going back on the antibiotic, getting laser hair removal, or just dealing with it lol. I prefer not to go back on the antibiotic seeing that it didn't even help that much, and laser hair removal is not much of an option for me as I am in college and my parents would not pay for it. I still am using some antibacterial wash on them which seems to make it better but it is just getting extremely frustrating having to deal with this constantly. It's very uncomfortable and embarrassing to me and sometimes the itchiness is unbearable (I even have spray to reduce the itchiness). It's to the point where I'm getting insecurities about it, so I really would love advice from anyone else that has had similar issues and what works for you. Any feedback/ tips is appreciated!!!