I can't afford a Nintendo Switch, so I'm going to buy a Wii U instead. Am I making the right choice?

As much as I would love to have a Nintendo Switch, its just out of my budget right now. I really can't afford to drop $300 plus tax on one( and that doesn't even include the cost of any games that I get with it.). But, I've been doing some thinking, and have come to the conclusion that the Wii U may not... show more As much as I would love to have a Nintendo Switch, its just out of my budget right now. I really can't afford to drop $300 plus tax on one( and that doesn't even include the cost of any games that I get with it.). But, I've been doing some thinking, and have come to the conclusion that the Wii U may not be a bad substitute. I never got to play the Wii U or any of its games during its prime. And even though the Wii U was a commercial failure, that does mean that its a bad console. In fact, it does has some awesome looking games that I want to try. The best part is that my local pawn shop has Wii U systems for half the price of what the Nintendo Switch costs new. What do you guys think of that?