AP chemistry question- don’t remember the details but I know general information could someone give me general steps to solve?

Had a chem test and couldn’t do a problem. I really want to know how to solve it since when my teacher goes over it he’ll go too fast. Here’s the general scenario: 5 grams of a dry mixture of KOH, K2CO3, and KCl. The mixture is mixed with 0.1 liter 2 Molar HCl. Part a: CO2 is produced. I can’t remeber all the... show more Had a chem test and couldn’t do a problem. I really want to know how to solve it since when my teacher goes over it he’ll go too fast. Here’s the general scenario:

5 grams of a dry mixture of KOH, K2CO3, and KCl. The mixture is mixed with 0.1 liter 2 Molar HCl.

Part a:
CO2 is produced. I can’t remeber all the information but essentially it gave me the pressure, temperature and liters so I used PV = nRT to find moles. The question asks to find the mass percentage of K2CO3 in the mixture.

Part b: the excess HCl was found to be chemically equivalent to 86.6 mL of 1.5 Molar NaOH. Find the mass percentages of KOH and KCl.
1 answer 1