Why would my co-worker tell all the employees that I quit the job?

I was on a 2 week vacation and I didn't tell anyone about it except my manager of course! My one of the co worker told everyone one that I gave a two week notice and I have quite, when I haven't given anything like that. And also when I went back to work after 2 weeks everybody was like giving me that weird... show more I was on a 2 week vacation and I didn't tell anyone about it except my manager of course! My one of the co worker told everyone one that I gave a two week notice and I have quite, when I haven't given anything like that. And also when I went back to work after 2 weeks everybody was like giving me that weird face and told me why I was back and they thought I had already left the job. when I asked why would I leave my work they all said that somebody told to them about it and of course they didn't reveal the name. Why would my co worker act so insane?