Producing very little breastmilk?

Our newest bundle was born on Nov. 1. My wife just went back to work last week, just before Christmas due to how busy her office gets at this time. Right before baby, we moved into a bigger place (now a family of 5). My wife has been very stressed since the hurricane passed through. She’s been pumping milk for... show more Our newest bundle was born on Nov. 1. My wife just went back to work last week, just before Christmas due to how busy her office gets at this time. Right before baby, we moved into a bigger place (now a family of 5). My wife has been very stressed since the hurricane passed through. She’s been pumping milk for baby. He had problems nursing when he came home. She’s not producing hardly enough to keep him satisfied; only 2 ounces from both breasts at a time. She wants to stop pumping and start on formula FT. I think she should continue for as long as she can. Here are my questions:
1. What are the health benefits for baby of only having 1 bottle of breastmilk per day?
2. Can stress affect her supply this much?
Update: BTW, we have two preschool age children as well. And at the time, our baby was born, we were trying to get settled in, my FIL was here who was more of a child than the children. Also, my wife--who loves Christmas--has been very antisocial and not really in the holiday spirit at all. She's viewed the holiday as... show more BTW, we have two preschool age children as well. And at the time, our baby was born, we were trying to get settled in, my FIL was here who was more of a child than the children. Also, my wife--who loves Christmas--has been very antisocial and not really in the holiday spirit at all. She's viewed the holiday as more a chore this year. I believe she has a mild case of PPD, which she had with our middle child. Could this also affect supply? If so, how can I help her?
Update 2: She's tried the tea and made cookies from a recipe she found online. The tea was helping in the first month, but not so much now. I feel bad because she's had a tough time recovering (she also tied her tubes this time around). I understand that breastfeeding/pumping can be draining, but she's moody,... show more She's tried the tea and made cookies from a recipe she found online. The tea was helping in the first month, but not so much now. I feel bad because she's had a tough time recovering (she also tied her tubes this time around). I understand that breastfeeding/pumping can be draining, but she's moody, irritable, and angry everyday. She can't get out of bed in the morning. I know that she's going to feel guilt and regret for NOT really wanting to celebrate this year, especially being baby's 1st.
Update 3: Yes, she's been to a lactation consultant who's said she's doing everything right. The LC pointed out that some medications she's on could have an affect on her supply. She recommended nursing the baby a few minutes before pumping, but LO can't handle the letdown and always pulled away, gasping... show more Yes, she's been to a lactation consultant who's said she's doing everything right. The LC pointed out that some medications she's on could have an affect on her supply. She recommended nursing the baby a few minutes before pumping, but LO can't handle the letdown and always pulled away, gasping for air. Now he won't even go on the breast at all. I know she's going regret not doing all she could to keep him on her milk. She gave up after 10 days with our oldest son, and still regrets it.