Do you think it weird/stupid to sleep with a stuffed animal?

I’m 19, and I recently bought a plush from the FNAF games, named Freddy. He’s very cute, and I cuddle with him a lot and watch tv with him and everything. I sleep with him as well. My parents think it’s very stupid and strange for me to do these things, but I’m the one that bought him, and I think it would be a... show more I’m 19, and I recently bought a plush from the FNAF games, named Freddy. He’s very cute, and I cuddle with him a lot and watch tv with him and everything. I sleep with him as well.

My parents think it’s very stupid and strange for me to do these things, but I’m the one that bought him, and I think it would be a waste of money to just have him sitting on a shelf for all time.

Also, I’ve never had a girlfriend or anything, and I’ve had a desire to cuddle with something a lot recently, so I bought Freddy as a way to satiate those needs, and he really helps. I’ve read that most people don’t have a problem with this kind of thing as long as it doesn’t become a problem, and I agree with them.

I also have very bad nightmares sometimes, and I actually had one the day that I bought Freddy, and I grabbed him off of the floor and held him against my chest, and the fear that I felt immediately vanished, and he’s been sleeping with me ever since. He brings me immense comfort, and I wouldn’t give him up for the world.