Car door switch question?

2018 Subaru WRX. My car door switch has two wires. I connected a voltmeter to them and one is a 12v wire and the other is a ground. So does the switch just connect these two wires together? Is this not bad and would cause a spark? I'm wondering if the switch has internal circuitry that does something... show more 2018 Subaru WRX. My car door switch has two wires. I connected a voltmeter to them and one is a 12v wire and the other is a ground.
So does the switch just connect these two wires together?
Is this not bad and would cause a spark? I'm wondering if the switch has internal circuitry that does something else other than connect the two wires.
Thank you

Details: I ask this because there is no single button on the car to turn on all the dome lights so I want to make me a switch that will make the car think the door is open and turn on all the dome lights. I would make this switch by shorting the two wires together but I want to make sure its safe.

Thank you again