How long does it take for rivers and lakes to unfreeze?

It's been really cold for the past week, and the lakes around here are frozen, as are many parts of the river. I went walking on the river (not too far) and it was solid, no sign of cracks or anything. Someone I know went ice skating on the lake today. Anyway, it will continue to be below freezing for the... show more It's been really cold for the past week, and the lakes around here are frozen, as are many parts of the river. I went walking on the river (not too far) and it was solid, no sign of cracks or anything. Someone I know went ice skating on the lake today.

Anyway, it will continue to be below freezing for the next week, but after that there will be a couple of days with 40 degree weather, then go back below freezing again. I'm going away so I won't be back until after those warmer days, should the river/lakes still be frozen after that or will they have mostly thawed?